I managed to get him to do it inside the house quickly:
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Shhh! Nelly's sleeping.
Our neighbors have a couple of huge labs (Nelly & Cassie) that bark in their backyard whenever we are in our backyard. When they bark I carry Ben over to the wall so he can peek over at them and wave hello. I've done this since he was probably 6mo old. He loves waving at them, even though their barks are huge and scary. A couple of months ago I took him to the wall and the dogs were inside so I told him Nelly was inside sleeping. On a side note, every weekend when I get up with the baby, I tell him 'Shhh, Daddy's sleeping.' A couple of weeks ago, he wanted to go to the wall to see Nelly & Cassie. When I told him they are inside sleeping, he looked at me very seriously and said, "Shhhh!" with his finger to his mouth. It was adorable, hilarious and perfect.