Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day Care...

We found a day care where the teachers are fantastic. We knew as soon as we toured the school that Ben would fit right in and thrive. On his first day he was so happy to see the other kids he hugged and kissed each one. Such a sweet & loving boy. BUT! The teacher told me once it was time to sit down for their snack he started crying and refused to eat. He had a few sips of water. Then they headed outside and he had a BLAST pushing around a little truck and was happy as can be. When they transitioned to eating lunch he had a true meltdown. He ate zero lunch. He cried so hard that he fell asleep at the table so they put him on his cot for nap time. With my part time schedule I'm able to pick him up after their nap time. As soon as I got their he was crying (before knowing I was there). I felt bad but I knew he was crying because he didn't recognize anything... and I usually pick him up from his crib at home when he settles down.

Today Bennett sensed I was going to leave so he kept coming over to me and saying, "up!". The ladies distracted him by blowing bubbles and I snuck out. I totally cried on the way to work! Not because he was having a hard time, but because I was scared he wouldn't eat again for houuuuuurs. He cried lightly off and on. He ate ALL his morning snack and ate half his lunch so this was progress was a wonderful relief. When I picked him up today they were already playing and he was playing with a girl and happy. When he saw me he cried but stopped immediately.

Next week will be better. I know it takes time. I had no idea how much anxiety it would give me to make sure I have all of his meals and personal items for school AND remember to get my stuff for work too.

I'm so thankful to have a smart, sweet and social kid. He is so naturally happy and friendly. He is such a light and there is something special about him! We love him so much!


We put up some fall and Halloween decorations and Ben loves saying Hi to and hugging this little pumpkin scarecrow.

Going for our evening walk and they looked like twins.