This past week I had to work 38hrs (2hrs shy of full time!) and I was exhausted by our routine. Bennett has been teething and Weds I had to run him to the Dr with a high fever. He has a really bad ear infection! He must have a high pain tolerance because he never shows any signs of pain and isn't really irritable.... until the pain is unbearable. Anyway, a few doses into the light antibiotic and he's back to his normal, happy self.
Tomorrow he's 21 months. Officially close enough to 2yrs old that I can say, "He's almost 2!"
* He knows most of his colors (thanks to day care), which blows my mind.
* His favorite book is Dig, Dig, Digging.
* His favorite toys are a little cloth moon (thanks, Leigh) and any/all toy cars
* He's rough and LOVES to wrestle. It's his favorite time of day: wrestling.
* He loves mashed potatoes and drinking water
*He's very into saying "Hug" and giving really tight hugs. He's such a little snuggle bug.
* He is a stinker - today he pretending to eat a snack but he slyly put his hand (and snack) behind his back. Last week he definitely pooped and when I asked him if he shoo-shoo'd, he looked at me with a blank face and said, "Noooo." I asked again and he smiled because he knew he was busted!
* He rocks! Any time we take him out or even to dinner, he's amazing. Or at least he's awesome long enough so we can eat and run. We went to a restaurant the other night and it dawned on me as we were walking out just how much fun we all had. He was great and we are so grateful!
* His hair...he has these adorable little curls. His hair is much lighter than we ever could have guessed and his little fro is awesome. He loves saying "hair cut" and rubbing his head.
* I told my client we named our kid Bennett and he gave me the best reaction ever. It made my day. Not that I care what anyone thinks - but his reaction was sincere and he loved the name.
He has been a blast. A beautiful, funny, blast of a little man.
Life is pretty darn good.
These two gave me the sweetest send-off to work.
"Hiking"