Monday, April 20, 2015

Michiganders

My parents were in town for Easter weekend. Yes, that was a long time ago, but I'm back to work full time and...tired. Ha! We spend most of the time down at the beach. Bennett looooves his Papa and Nana. He still asks for Nana at times. We spent a lot of time on bikes, walking and chatting. To see my Dad playing with Bennett was such an amazing feeling. I know 100% the way I feel overwhelmingly in love with Bennett is how my Dad felt about each of his kids. I saw it. It was awesome and completely full circle. I realize Bennett may never know just how obsessed his parents are with him, until he has his own kid. Side note - I am so thankful we waited until we were in our early 30s to have a kid. It may be harder to go on less sleep now than in our 20s but the stability and teamwork are phenomenal. We are so happy and I am so grateful.

That being said, Bennett totally has this Terrible Twos thing on LOCK. I think he has for a few weeks now. The negotiating and manipulation are shocking. He also has a wicked scream-fake-cry. It's instant. It's dramatic. And it's painful if you're around. Haha! He is speaking so much more now days. He fully understands random communication words. Like, when I'm chatting on the phone and if someone's explaining something I may say, "Oooooh, okay. I get it." He now walks around saying it, "Ooooooh, okay." He loves his red mustang, which sounds like mustache. He is super excited about police cars, motorcycles and officers. More to come! I'm weeks behind and trying to catch up! xoxo