Oh Bennie Boo Boo. Our poor kid had a fever when I picked him up from day care last Thursday. He had a fever for three days in a row before it dropped off. Over those three days we gave him Tylenol as needed because we couldn't figure out why he had a fever. He was still having fun, running and laughing so we knew it wasn't his teeth. Sunday I noticed a rash on his neck but we were at brunch with some friends. He fell asleep on the ride home, put him down for his nap and then when he woke up I realized the rash was EVERYWHERE. Especially his booty and back. But really, everywhere!
I asked if he was itchy (which he understands) and he said No. Since he didn't have a fever I took him to school on Monday but was surprised that after three total doses of Bendryl there was no change with the rash. When I picked him up I took him to the doctor and turns out he has ROSEOLA. Whatever the hell that is. I had to Google and do research. He got it from a baby in the younger room he spends an hour with before his older group's teacher comes in. The funky thing about Roseola is that you can't tell your kid has it until the rash appears but it's too late! The fever time is when the kids share the virus. Anyway, now 8 days since his fever the rash is subsiding but still showing some teeny tiny scabby bumps.
Anyway!! Life is good. Bennett is getting more fun by the day. Really. We are so overjoyed and even though he still wakes up 1-2x a night, we are having a blast. Every day he learns so much and now he's using some three-word sentences and countless two-word phrases.
Also, personally, I'm so thankful I'm back at work. I love my job and team so much and I love hanging out with Bennett and Cody in the late afternoon/evening. Right now the balance is beautiful. Bennett is learning so much at school, it's amazing. Thank God for teachers, of all levels, of all grades. God bless them.
My parents were in town to visit for a few days. Bennett just LOVES his Papa and Nana. They are so sweet and funny. We spent 90% of the time down at the beach and/or eating amazing Mexican food.
Hiking in Palos Verdes
Long Beach Grand Prix
My two favorite faces. Geez!
Peeking down at his Cuda.
Palm Desert
Thinking... about cheerios and his mustang.
This smile just makes me melt. Here we were listening to Jimmy Eat World on the way to school and work. He looooves it.



